Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve with the Shipley's

Christmas Eve has always been a very special day in my family. When I was young, we (My mom and I) would get up and open presents from each other. One of the presents would always hold a new outfit to wear to Christmas. After packages, we would then bake, and get ready to go to my Grandparents house on my dad's side.
This year was almost identical to the past years except I woke up in my own home, and traveled to Grandmomma's house. I was looking forward to this Christmas Eve because Grandmomma agreed to come with us to Mimi and Papa's house!
All the food is on the table, and there are not enough places for people to sit around the table, so we head off to the den. After good conversations and funny stories we head into the living room for presents. We draw names, so you only have to buy for one person. This year my cousin Shannon had my name. I got 2 deodorants, 4 air fresheners and 2 different razors. (hmmm.... I think I get the hint! :) )
My favorite part of Christmas is giving! I love seeing the expressions on the person's face when they open up the package.I also love the excitement of shopping for the person. Finding things they would love is challenging, but oh! so much fun!
This year my favorite gift from the Shipley side of the family is a picture of me with my 2 Grandmothers. I am 26, (almost 27) and I am so blessed to have 2 healthy grandmothers who live close to me!

No comments: