
Tonight I tried a brand new class at my gym called Hoop Dance. I arrive a little early and find 3 women already practicing with pretty silver and red hoops. The instructor was giving individual tips to each. One lady was most likely mid 70's one in her 50's and the other in her 30's. The older two women seemed to have knack for this hooping business. After watching for a few minutes I had a friend encourage me to grab a hoop and try. Now, in my mind I was thinking: "you have got to be kidding me! This is so easy!" That was before I tried. I could not get that silly hoop to stay in place to save my life. But after 60 minutes of practicing I can now tell you my dear friends that I now can hula with the best of them (actually - I was THE WORST!).
It was so much fun having 12 people of all ages hula hooping at the gym. The hour flew by quickly, and there were only minor casualties when my hoop sailed across the gym twice. OOPS! :) I was actually surprised that I could work up a sweat "hooping" and SHOCKED to find that I had bruises on both hips. Oh well, a small price to pay for an hour of pure embarrassing fun!
If I can get better at this hoop dance stuff, I would love to purchase some hula hoops for my kiddos at school and we can hula together at recess! I encourage everyone to go out and buy you a hula hoop and start hula hooping. Happy Hooping!

7 comments:
Ha ha! I love it! Good for you for trying something new! There's no way I would have been able to try that in public. I'm HORRIBLE at hula hooping - it falls straight to the ground every time. Maybe you can give me some pointers at recess some time! :-)
Hula hooping is one of the balance events on Wii Fitness! I'm good at it on Wii but in real life, not so much!
That's awesome! I would love to embarass myself in that fashion! You'll have to show off your hooping skills sometime :)
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease call me when you and your kids are hooping. I would love to join you (and take pictures)!
Sarah- you can take pictures only if you attend one of the classes with me this summer! 7:30pm on Thursdays!
Oh shoot!! I'm busy every Thursday night at 7:30 for the rest of the year. I'm sorry!! I'm doing really important stuff that I cannot miss!
Sarah, you are in luck! I happen to have Thursday, July 16, 2009 available! See you then!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment