I love Starbucks! I am not a coffee lover. In fact, I don't even own a coffee pot. I will have an occasional cup at conferences, or if it is super cold. About 3 years ago, I discovered the Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. To me, this is heaven in a cup! I love the slight mint taste with the touch of chocolate and of course the caffeine fix that follows a cup. They advertise this as a Christmas special, but I have found that they secretly keep everything to make heaven in a cup year round! Each Wednesday morning my reward for getting out of bed and off to work on time, is a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. Side note - I HATE mornings. I always have. I need at least 2 1/2 hours before I like to talk or have any kind of contact with others. Sadly, the profession I have fallen in love with does not allow for me to enjoy solitude in the mornings. So, I have learned to "get over it". :)
Anyways, back to my Starbucks story. I was in the drive thru, and this annoyingly chipper, squeaky voice tried to have an unnecessary conversation with me through the speaker telling me the difference between a traditional peppermint mocha, and the updated, new and improved, peppermint mocha twist. I wanted to yell and say, I DON'T CARE JUST GIVE ME MY COFFEE, but I refrained. Then, at the window the silly morning person tried to keep talking to me. Any other time of the day, I would have not minded the small talk, or even have given it any thought for that matter.
Moral of the story: Make sure I have been awake for at least an hour and half before interacting with me.


No comments:
Post a Comment