Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just some thoughts.....


This is a new book that I am reading. I am going to try and post my thoughts as I read through it in hopes that maybe someone who needs to hear the message will read this silly little blog and find encouragement through the book as well. Not all of what the book covers do I identify with, but the big concepts hit home.
------------------------------------------------------------
I can finally see the light at the end of this semester at DBU. My last class is this week, and my final has been written and submitted to the University Writing Center for review. WHEW! I can't believe I am already 12 hours into my program! I feel like I have learned so much, but still have so far to go. I am scheduled to take 12 hours this summer. I am having 2nd thoughts about that though! If I did that , my summer would be consumed with school, and would allow little time for any relaxing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
School is also wrapping up. We have 17 days remaining. AAAAA! That is a very scary number! This is going to be the most difficult year to let my kids go of all my classes. Since I looped with my kids, I have become so attached to the 21 little faces and families. I can just picture them as tiny little 5 year olds walking in the door their first day of Kindergarten, and now they are leaving great, big almost 2nd graders! EESH! I am getting teary just thinking about that! So.... onto a new subject....
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My puppy FINALLY knows how to play tug-o-war!!!! He is 4 and I guess it finally just clicked! When I purchased my little puppy, I was told, that it was not in a Pomeranian's nature to fetch or play games. BOY Was that lady wrong! It took Copper 2 years, but once he discovered how the ball works, he is rarely seen without it! He even sleeps with it outside of his little kennel. If you ask him where his ball is, he will run around panicked until he finds it! FUNNY!
Last night, I was putting on my socks and shoes to go to the gym, and Copper decided to try and pull the sock out of my hand, thus beginning the game I had been trying to teach him! He would still rather play with his ball, but at least I know he can do it now!

No comments: