My creativity is gone today. So, you don't get a catchy title. :)
Yesterday, I needed to head to work super early for a parent conference. When I opened the door into my pitch black garage, I see that I left my lights on in my car. Thankfully I have an incredible car battery and Lil'Slow Poke started right up. As I backed out of the driveway, I saw a small stupid gray mouse dead in the drive way. EW!
By 6:40 I was in the school parking lot ready to conquer the day. Of course, my conference didn't show, but I was able to use the time to tackle the growing piles in my classroom.
The day was going well, until one of my students had a medical emergency. "My" kiddo is doing well now. But, it sure puts all your priorities back in line to have a scare like this. Suddenly the only thing that mattered at that moment was that child. All the "other" stuff had no value at all.
My friend Laura and I got to visit my little one today after work, and she was so cute with her black Mary-Jane's, hair fixed and Pajamas.
While traveling in the car on the way back from the hospital I heard Laura say some REALLY funny things.
1. "I hate ACU".
2. When I told her that she was a GREAT teacher, she replied, " Ya, I have told our principal that!"
Here is where you get to laugh with me! Of course, all the comments were taken out of context, and I love it!
Anyways, back to yesterday...... Yesterday, I had class after work and I was already pretty frazzled by the days events, and when I got to my school, the door was locked! In my mind I was going over my calendar lesson to make sure it WAS Tuesday. Soon the Secretary walked by and let me in. Whew! that was a full 30 seconds of thinking I was going crazy. I walked down the hall to my classroom, and walked in on a completely different class. Now, I really thought I was going crazy! Turns out my class was meeting at a restaurant near by to celebrate our last class, and because the University had made a scheduling error.
After my presentation, I celebrated my last class and the end of a difficult day by buying a new fun book from Borders! I can't wait for the weekend so I can get lost in the pages of my new book!
14 years ago

1 comment:
Um yeah. Sooooo out of context!
Good times.
Post a Comment