Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Back at 2008

Where did you begin 2008?
I was at Audra and Jordan's house for a fun little party!
Were you in school in 2008?
I did go back to school to get my masters in school counseling. I have always wanted to get my masters, but couldn't decide on what I wanted to get it in. I took 6 hours last semester, and will be taking 6 hours this semester. I should graduate May 2010!
Where did you go on vacation?
My friend and I went to St. Thomas! It was absolutely beautiful and would have been a perfect vacation had I not gotten sick the last full day there.
Favorite Books from 2008?
I didn't read for fun as much as I would have liked to, however I did read lots of professional books, and even more books for grad. school.
Did you know anybody who got married?
Jim and Tiffany
Did you move anywhere?
No way! I love my little house!
What sporting events did you attend?
I went to some Ranger's games, they were a lot of fun! I also went to some soccer, and football games that "my" kids were in.
Describe your birthday:
A group of us ate dinner at P.F. Changs, and then went to Pete's Piano Bar. It was super fun because I had so many friends from all areas of my life there. I had some from work, church, and friends I have had forever!
This year is something similar, but hopefully it won't be pouring down rain and freezing cold!
What's something you learned about yourself?
I learned that I am somewhat of a perfectionist. :) Whatever I decide to do, I want to do it, and be perfect at it. This year with starting grad. school, and having to make time to study, go to class, and balance work, church, and fun, I realized I can't be perfect at everything. AND THAT IS OK! As long as I am doing my best!
Any new additions to your family?
Not this year, but I have a cousin who is engaged, so hopefully Jenna will be in our family very soon!
Made new friends?
YES! I met some really incredible new friends this year! My sweet friends Jana and Katie. We have worked together for 4 years, but I never took the time to really get to know them. This year, I took the place of another co-worker at a conference and went with the 'otha' group at work. We spent 3 days at a meeting in Dallas together and "WOW" :) new Friends! This taught me a huge lesson. when I submerge myself in what I am doing, and I don't take the time to focus on the people around me, I miss out.
Favorite Night out?
Hmmm... I don't think I can pick just one!
What do you want to change in 2009?
I want to make sure that I take time for myself and make sure I make time for everything I want to do!
What would you change about 2008?
I wouldn't change a thing. The good, and the bad.... it all happens for a reason, and it is up to us to find the lesson in every situation and learn!
What random cool things happened in 2008?
I was nominated as my school's teacher of the year.
I killed a mouse!
I started grad. school!
Made some new fabulous friends
I purchased an I phone!!!!
Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Yes, I resolve to make time to do the things I love! (reading for fun, going to the gym etc.)
Do anything embarrassing?
Oh WOW! I don't think this blog is long enough for all embarassing moments! I will name just a few recent ones... the rest, I will leave to your imagination!
- A comment I made during the drive to the work conference was super embarrasing!
- I sent a text to a friend, and it went to my boss.
- I gave the wrong gift at Keno and had to ask for it back.
- I put my shirt on inside out when I was leaving the spa, carried on conversations with people and didn't realize it until I was at home and on the phone with Katie.
What was your favorite purchase?
My new I phone!!!!!! I love it! In fact, I am working on an entire blog about this incredible purchase!
Start a new hobby?
Yes, I started and kept up with my blog for an entire year!
Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Sure! It was a great year, but the best is always yet to come!!! I will be divine in 09!!!!
What are you wishing for in 2009?
I wish that I would meet lots of new friends, maintain my 4.0 in grad school, and have lots of time for FUN!!!!

No comments: