For about 12 years, I have lived with pain in my feet. It started as a minor irritating annoyance, and slowly grew to where some mornings I couldn't make it from my bed to the dresser. After I walk, and accustom myself to the pain, it gets easier to walk throughout the day. Although, my feet hurt all day, the bad pain is really only at night and first thing in the morning after I have been off of my feet.
I have been to 3 podiatrists, and have done all the stretches, worn all of the shoe inserts, etc. etc. etc. the other night, the pain was so terrible that it was unbearable to walk from my couch to my kitchen a total of about 5 feet. After that, I called the podiatrist, and he proceeded to tell me everything the other doctors have said; heel spurs in both feet, and my tendons are way too short.
I got 1 shot in each foot to help alleviate the pain. The problem with the shots, is that OUCH!!! I am not that squeamish when it comes to my feet, in fact... they are not even ticklish. so, you would think that I could handle this torture.... you would think.
When you get this terrible shot, they spray this cold spray over your foot, and then when you are about to scream because of the pain from the freezing cold, they stab you with the largest needle they make! The trouble with me, is that I jerked my foot back so far, that the needle popped out. So the bleepng doctor stabbed me again. AND THEN WENT FOR THE OTHER FOOT!!!!
Within minutes, I felt relief in both feet from the heel spurs. However, I traded the heel spur pain for a different kind of pain. I have a bruise and swelling the diameter of a golf ball on each foot. I spent the day walking on my tippie toes so I wouldn't put any pressure on my bruises.
Last time I got this shot the bruising lasted about a week before for the first time in 11 years, I was able to walk, and stand without any pain. I am looking forward to this time next week when I should be pain free! The shots usually last about 4 months, and as bad as the shot was, it is 100% worth it to have those several months without pain.
Yes, I am going to look like a DORK wearing these funny shoes. yes, I give you permission to laugh AT me. you will now find me bouncing down the halls at work.
I think my new name should be Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh. Here are some lyrics from the Tigger song that make me laugh. I give you permission to laugh as well. Just substitute my name every time you see the word Tigger.
The wonderful thing about tiggers Is tiggers are wonderful things!Their tops are made out of rubber;Their bottoms are made out of springs!They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!Oh the wonderful thing about tiggers Is tiggers are wonderful chaps!They're loaded with vim and with vigor;They love to leap in your laps!They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy,Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!But the most wonderful thing about tiggers isI'm the only one!Tiggers are cuddly fellas.Tiggers are awfully sweet.Ev'ryone else is jealous.That's why I repeat and repeat:The wonderful thing about tiggers Is tiggers are wonderful things!Their tops are made out of rubber;Their bottoms are made out of springs!They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


2 comments:
Those are some HOT shoes. Seeing a picture of them makes it better. I think I actually snorted.
I love those shoes. BUT, more than I love the shoes...I love the Tigger song you added. It does describe you in many ways...you're the only one I know like you...and you ARE Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!! Fun!!!
Post a Comment