Sunday, February 22, 2009

Copper


Please pray for my little puppy Copper. I let him follow me out to the garage this morning to take out the trash, and he decided to have rat poison for breakfast. The poison has been out for a very long time, and he has never taken any time to even sniff it, much less eat it, so I wasn't watching him as close as I should have. I thank God that I was with him, and saw him eating it, so I could get him help immediately. I called the emergency vet and they said to come in right away, that the type of poison I had would cause blood clots.


They took Copper and were able to make him throw up most of the poison, but a lot of it was still in his little body. His temp. was 106 (they said normally a dog runs about 102) and his blood was beginning to clot. They are keeping him for now, and should know more by 5:00 today. Please pray for my sweet puppy to recover from this!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Rebekah and I will say a puppy prayer! Susanne Stutheit

Stefanie said...

That's so scary! I hope he will be okay. I'll keep praying. :)